A comprehensive DSA equipment insurance, designed to make sure students who have their own equipment, receive the same level of insurance and warranty support as students whose equipment is supplied by an Assistive Technology Service Provider. We cover equipment that students have purchased their own equipment and use it with assistive software supplied as part of their Disabled Student Allowance.
- Accidental damage (including liquid/fire/flood damage)
- Extended warranty (mechanical or electrical breakdown)
- Malicious damage
- Zero excess
- Worldwide including over at home/University/University course trip
- Claims cost settled directly with an Assistive Technology Service Provider
- Equipment replaced as part of a claim is automatically added to the policy
- Assistive software is reinstalled, if required, following a claim
- Friendly UK based administration team
- Insurance underwritten by AmTrust Europe an A rated Insurer
We cover laptops/desktop/tablets (and other equipment on request) from all the major manufacturers, not limited to, but including:
Claims can be made online or over the telephone.
We will assess your claim within 2 working days and let you know the outcome.
If a claim is accepted and your equipment requires repair, we will arrange for our designated repair company or the Assistive Technology Service Provider who supplied your assistive software to contact you to arrange for collection, for inspection, and to manage the repair and the return of the equipment to you.
If a claim is accepted and your equipment requires replacement, we will arrange for the Assistive Technology Service Provider who supplied your assistive software to contact you to manage the replacement.
All claim costs are settled directly between us and the supplier.
Are you eligible?
In the first instance we require you to complete an application so we can assess if you and your equipment are eligible for the insurance you require.
If your application is accepted, we will then write you with our offer of insurance including details on how you can pay.
Once you have paid us we will provide you with documentation and a payment receipt you can provide to your student finance body to initiate a reimbursement process.
We support students who have equipment with assistive software, supplied by the following Assistive Technology Service Providers
How to apply
DSA equipment insurance for students in receipt of assistive software who need to insure their own equipment